Wednesday, January 18, 2017

(REVIEW) The Day My Fart Followed Me To Hockey


The Day My Fart Followed Me ToHockey



By: Sam Lawrence & Ben Jackson
Illustrated by: Danko Herrera
Category: Illustrated Children's Book
Suitable for: All Ages, ideal for ages 3-7
My Rating: 4.5 Stars
Format Read for Review: Kindle copy from the author/publisher.
Pages: 42 (Loc: 26)

Description:  This is the story of Timmy and his best friend, Little Fart. Timmy is very nervous for his hockey try-outs and Little Fart wants to come with him because he loves going on adventures with Timmy. Timmy most definitely does not want the Little Fart to follow him and make all the other kids think that he is stinky. Little Fart tags along anyway and when Timmy is struggling the fart does everything in its power to help.

In Short: This is a fun, short tale of friendship. The story is on the goofy side and I think small children will enjoy it. It might be a bit wordy for the age group who will enjoy it most but the vocabulary is fairly simple and this book could make a good bedtime story for those who can't read it on their own just yet.

Pros: I love the art, the images are large and colorful. There are a lot of positive messages you can pull from this book. Some examples would be, being a good friend, being someone's friend even if they are a bit different, and forgiving others when they say harsh things to you while they are under pressure. Timmy also started to do better at his try-outs when he stopped worrying and started having fun which offers good guidance for kids who are feeling insecure about their abilities. He almost backed out of going to the try-outs but in the end he got picked for the team so it shows the importance of giving it a shot, doing your best, and having fun in the process.   

Cons: I think I may have missed out a little by not reading "The Day My Fart Followed Me Home" before this one. Reading this, I wasn't sure if Little Fart was a real fart, or a little creature of some kind, and I was surprised when it mentioned he was invisible half-way through. So I would suggest getting "The Day My Fart Followed Me Home" first or getting them both together.





No comments:

Post a Comment