Saturday, April 6, 2013

Guest Post by Author Lorelie Rozzano

Today I have the honor of introducing a guest blogger.
The following post is by Lorelie Rozzano on her book Jagged Little Edges

A story in the making.

My book Jagged Little Edges was recently published. It’s a graphic, raw and edgy read, on a topic that is often difficult to discuss. I work in a treatment center for addiction. I’m also a recovering addict. Addiction effects one out of ten. I’m the one. It isn't only the addict who is affected either. Families suffer also. I wanted to portray a real and honest look into the life of one young woman who suffers its effects.

Lyndsey, the main character is a darkly fascinating protagonist. She could be your sister, your mother, your wife, your friend. She could be you. JLE takes you on a ten year journey, as you follow along deeper into the throes of her addiction.

Addiction is a progressive and terminal illness. It is also the most treatable. Tragically, most will not come forward, due to the shame this illness carries with it.

I wanted to be able to share my experience and knowledge regarding this topic. Although this is a fictional novel, the first in a series of three, it is very much driven by me. Ernest Hemmingway said it best. “We are stronger in our broken places.”

I've been clean and sober for fifteen years and I’m not afraid to talk about it. I was one of the walking wounded for far too long. Addiction stole my life. Recovery gave it back. If you would have asked me back then, what it was I wanted, I would have replied, hope.

Today I've got it in spades. I could never have dreamed this big.

This book will inspire you. It will show you the way out. It will leave you on the edge of your seat wanting more.

For more information please visit my website at www.jaggedlittleedges.com


No comments:

Post a Comment