My reading queue is over 2 years long and my shortlist is 6+ months.
- I can not guarantee that I will review your book.
- I read at least 40 pages before giving up on a book.
- I cannot promise a positive review in exchange for a review copy.
- When reviewing books I try not to rate based on personal feelings and instead analyze the good and bad features of the book. For example I wont knock off a star for gore just because I don't like gore, but I will knock off some rating for a weak plot or poor character development.
- I do not review books I haven't fully read but I also do not review every book that I have fully read.
- I don't knock off rating for minor spelling and grammar issues only frequent ones.
- We accept the following formats: kindle, e-books, .mobi, .epub, paperbacks and hardbacks. I can accept PDFs but I do not prefer them because they don't display as well on my device.
- Signed physical copies get bumped to the shortlist. E-mail me for our mailing address and if you include a digital copy of the book in the e-mail I can jump on it quicker. Authors who go this extra mile while submitting their book get priority reading. I'm planning to create a new background for the blog using the signed copies I receive!
- I will never share or reproduce your book. It will only be downloaded onto O's and D's devices.
- I receive a lot of submissions so you may have to wait a while for your review.
- I do not mind if you attach your book to the review request e-mail.
If you would like to post a guest post on our blog to help promote your site feel free to contact me. I retain to the right to edit your article and change any spelling, grammar or foul language before posting. I only edit when necessary. I will format it, add images and links and make it snazzy for you.
If you would like me to host a giveaway contest for your book feel free to e-mail me. I do month-long giveaway contests with lots of coverage for your book(s) and sites. I use rafflecopter and participants gain entries by visiting/following your various sites and social media.
5 Stars = AWESOME! Go read it now!
4 Stars = Very good book!
3 Stars = Liked it, has potential
2 Stars = Didn't care for it, flawed
1 Star = Not worth reading.
O's favorite genres (in no particular order) Bold genre's see a quicker turnaround on reviews (file format: MOBI or EPUB):
- Mystery/Cozy Mystery
- Time Travel/Magic/Fantasy/Superheroes
- Science Fiction
- Historical Fictions/Historical Romance
- Graphic Novels/Comics
- Short Stories
- Illustrated Children's Books
O doesn't read:
- Due to the high volume of requests we are not currently accepting contemporary romance novels
- Cliffhanger endings.
- Really, really SAD books (I'll only accept sadness in moderation)
- In order to distribute my time fairly among authors I cannot accept any super long books.
D's favorite genres (file format: MOBI):
- Cozy Mystery and Mystery!
- Ghost Stories!
- Short Stories
- Historical non-fiction/fictions
- Health/Wellness/Self Help
- Scary/Suspense (no gore)
- Christian Books
D doesn't read:
- Chick Lit
- Slashers/Gorey books
- Sports books
- Lots of swearing
- Cliffhanger endings
Author Testimonial :)