Monday, March 25, 2013

Bill the Vampire by Rick Gualtieri (REVIEW)



Bill the Vampire


Author: Rick Gualtieri
Category: Comedy/Fiction (Vampires & Geeks)
Suitable for: 16+
My Rating: 5 Stars
Format Read for Review:  Kindle
Pages: 343

Right when I read the dedication: “To Spike, a good cat” I knew I was going to love this book. In that spirit I would like to dedicate this review: To Angel, a cool cat. Yes I too named my cat after a character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Admittedly Spike is cooler but whatever…

Description: Hapless nerd, Bill Ryder wakes up to find himself dead (poor bastard) but it gets worse! Unfortunately he is even less popular in death than he was in life and now he must fight to maintain his un-life before he becomes extra dead.

In Short: I was LOLing from start to finish! This unique vampire tale features a cast of interesting characters, a likeable hero as well as an action packed plot fraught with danger and comedy. The story is an original take on vampires and a refreshing change from all of the sparkly romantic vampire books.

Pros: This book is very well written and incredibly funny. The story is unique and creative and full of a lot of little details that make it extra special. I especially love all the goofy little nicknames the vampires have. I really appreciated that this book had a good conclusion. Even though there is a sequel this book had a complete stand alone story. The plot is fast paced and full of action. I never wanted to put it down.

Cons: I found no faults with this book.

Warning: This book contains mature language. I rated this book as suitable for ages 16+ because I figure the swearing isn’t any worse than what teens will hear in the hallways in high school. But just be warned, it's there. Oh yea, this book is also violent but no worse than a Jackie Chan movie.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks! Really glad to hear you enjoyed it.

    Ps: just for the record I also have a cat named Angel too...he's (the late) Spike's brother.

    Guess I shouldn't mention I have a dog named Willow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete